The following posts have no fixed theme or style, but I hope you enjoy reading them!

Wednesday 2 July 2008

Not posting means I have been existing more and not less

Hi, haven't written in a while, and you can tell because this post is going to come across all rambling and nonsensical, like some letters I write. I read letters like that back through, give up on understanding what I meant by them in the first place... and then send them anyway. Sorry if you have received any like that, or if you do receive any like that in the future.

Anyway, I didn't come on here to tell you about letters. After all, I am a bit busy and it's late at night. I started writing with the aim of telling you all why I haven't written much lately. Well, I have some news.

I'm a graduate! Graduated on Saturday in a wonderfully traditional ceremony and stupid clothes. It kind of feels like it set me free a bit. I don't want to leave Universityland, but the time came anyway. Before the end I had to pack in loads of experiences because it was my Last Opportunity, and now I can actually do things that are about the future and not the past. I hate planning the future, but sometimes you gotta do something and it's worse if you put it off.

So, I have been applying for jobs. My wonderful Aunt-person found me a summer job with a materials-based company. My temporary work won't allow me to use my materials knowledge too much, but still, it's nice to know that materials science will be all around me. AND, I have applied to lots of jobs, got further in some applications than others, but I feel like I'm actually making progress.

So life is hectic but good. I feel like some things are getting neglected such as tea research and blogging, but they will intensify again when the evils of future-planning have gone away

No comments: